COA Life & Coronavirus Updates
COA will welcome back visitors on Sunday, May 31st after being closed for months due to the coronavirus pandemic. To keep guests, church members, and staff safe, COA has new rules that will be enforced before visitors can step into the church. We will be implementing new safety measures to ensure that our guests can enjoy worship and the sermon. We have an incredible group of servants and staff members that will be circulating throughout the building to assist you in anyway.
Here are 6 key things to know before arriving at Church on Atlantic:
Temperature screenings prior to entry
Anyone displaying a temperature of 100.0 degrees or higher will be directed to an additional location for re-screening and assistance; those who again measure 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed entry, nor will those in their party.
Face coverings required for Guests ages 3 and up
Face masks are required for guests 3 and older, also church & staff members. Masks must be worn at all times.
Limited and reduced entrances
Guests will be directed to enter from the west side of building to screening area. You will be directed by ushers where to sit and when service is over you will exit from the northwest door (door to the left of stage).
Physical distancing practices including physically-distanced queues and physical barriers
To maintain appropriate physical distancing throughout COA during this initial phase, ground markings are in place when queuing is necessary. Physical barriers will be in select places where it’s difficult to maintain physical distancing. Families will be allowed to sit together. For others it will be sitting with 4 empty chairs between you and in every other row. Ushers will be assisting each guest where to sit.
Temporary operation modifications
COA will limit the number of guests visiting the property. Hours will be 10:30am for Sunday service. We ask you to please call the church at 954-974-8900 to let us know how many from your family will be in attendance so that we can be prepared. A questionnaire will be sent prior to service. Please have your answers ready for when you check in at the screening table before entry. Plan on coming at least 15 minutes earlier due to the screening prior to entering the building.
An increased focus on disinfecting and sanitation
Additional hand sanitizers will be located in key areas throughout the church.
If you plan to attend the Service, please fill out the Covid-19 questionnaire and email it to the Church at email@example.com or print and bring it with you.
While enhanced safety measures are being taken at Church On Atlantic, “an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.”
“COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable,” the warning said. “By visiting COA you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.”
Online Service & Giving
- Our Worship Service will continue to be live streamed via Facebook at our regular service time, 10:30 AM. This recording will be available on our Facebook Page for you to watch at a more convenient time.
- If you have access to the Internet but do not have a Facebook account, visit our website, www.atlanticbc.org, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click the Facebook icon and watch the service there.
- If you are not able to access the internet, copies of the service’s transcripts may be available for you to study.
As you Worship the Lord, we would like to inform you of the different ways available for you to give your tithes and offerings:
- We have Online Giving available on our Website. At the left bottom of any page you can click “Give Now” button.
- You can mail them to Church on Atlantic, 4850 W. Atlantic Blvd. Margate FL 33063
- You may drop them at our office from 9 AM to 2 PM, Monday to Friday.
- You may request payment through your Bank’s Bill Pay system
- You may use Zelle System with your bank using firstname.lastname@example.org
Please stay connected to our website and Facebook page for daily words of encouragement from our Pastors and staff and updates to this page. We are still here to serve you, pray for you and join you in seeking God’s purpose even in these challenging times.
God bless you. Be safe.
Pastor Carlos Lugo & COA Staff