Atlantic Baptist recognizes that ministering to children is a high priority but also acknowledges that the responsibility for children’s ministry first belongs to the parents. So it is our mission to assist parents with the spiritual training of their children by:
- Having the Scripture as the foundation of our content
- Encouraging spiritual training as a core lifestyle of the home
- Providing a safe and loving environment at church
- Communicating the gospel with clarity and urgency
- Giving the children regular opportunities to trust Christ
- Allowing the children to serve God as soon as they are ready
ABC offers age-appropriate opportunities for children to be involved and we always welcome parent participation. On Sundays families to worship together during the music then the kids are dismissed to children’s church. The Nursery is open for infants through three-year-olds to assist parents during the entire Worship service. Midweek activities for kids are every Wednesday night during the school year. Seasonal events include Vacation Bible School and a Fall Festival (an alternative to Halloween).
* Full nursery care is available to babies and toddlers
11:00 AM – 12:00 AM – Church / Children’s Church
Children’s Church is separated into age groups:
The Awana Clubs Ministry at Atlantic Baptist Church is a Bible-centered program for children ages 4 yrs old thru 5th grade that focuses on learning God’s word in a fun atmosphere. We provide a consistent, positive teaching and training that build strong moral and spiritual values. Children learn about the reality of God and truth of the Bible. Incentives and awards are used to encourage children to progress.
The name Awana is derived from the first letters of “Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed” found in 2 Timothy 2:15. The purpose of Awana is to reach boys and girls with the gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him.